Saturday, July 6, 2013

Introductions

Reading and writing are often seen as solitary acts, in constant clash with the energy and excitement of city life.  But when I chose to move from my comfortable Minnesota suburb to pursue creative writing in Chicago a year and a half ago, it was with the hope that the city itself would serve as my inspiration.  I have not been disappointed.   Every new person I meet, or event I attend, confirm my belief that it is possible to infuse the grit and energy of city living with a passion for literature.

As I shed layer after layer of clothing with every rising degree of the thermometer, I'm just beginning my first summer in Chicago, where I plan on taking on the calendar full of projects and activities that my break from schoolwork, fantastic new internship, and cozy city apartment are bound to help me accomplish.  I don't pretend to be an expert on the literary world, but that won't stop me from documenting my thoughts on my favorite books as well as the industry as a whole, alongside some notes on my everyday life.  Buzzed on caffeine and blinded by the city lights, I can't wait to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment